Hello my wonderful sex deviants!
So, let’s talk about dating apps *queue sigh*.
There are dating apps out there for all kinds of things, dating apps that match the things you most hate, Tinder for the rich & famous?, dating apps based on the music you listen to. You name it, a dating site/app has done it but are they all that they’re cracked up to be or are they just good for a one night stand? It is now over a £2 billion industry (wish I had invited an app).
Now, I class myself as a modern girl but sometimes the thought of locking eyes with someone across a crowded room and falling deeply and madly in love plucks my romantic strings. Sadly, for my generation we are just too busy to lock eyes with people and to even think about love because it takes a lot of time and work.
Now there are dating apps where you swipe left for a no and right for a yes, almost like choosing from a menu. Have we really reached the stage where we are judging people on their looks and a short description without even getting to know them? That answer my friends is Yes, Yes we have.
Based on the future of dating, I have tried a few dating apps and boy what a mixed bag of results I can tell you, think dick pics, catfishes, lies and dull conversations.
So, I have compiled some basic rules for guys to improve their “game” so to speak.
- Please have a picture that was taken in the last 10 years.
- No hats! I like to know what I’m working with thanks.
- Don’t lie about your age we can tell trust me.
- Full body non-nude photos are appreciated.
- If I don’t ask for a dick pic please don’t send me one.
- Don’t lie about your height. I’d date a guy shorter than me before I’d date a liar.
- A description is for describing yourself (hard for some people I know, but give a go)
- Please don’t have pictures with children that aren’t your own.
- Why are you on a dating app if you’re not going to try and have a proper conversation?
- If you’re too “busy” to reply within a week you’re probably too busy for a relationship. People need attention.
I personally had a good experience the first time I tried dating apps, I met one of my closest friends. Though a friendship isn’t what I had in mind when I joined.
I also asked a few friends about their dating app experiences and their responses are mixed to be honest, some have had one night stands, others met up with very sketchy characters and a few have even met the person of their dreams and got married.
Take what you will from this blog but most of all be careful and tell your friends about your plans, where you are going and keep them updated on your whereabouts throughout the date. (Be Safe)
Let me know your thoughts and experiences, there must be some good ones out there.
Until next time,